The aim of this one-day workshop is to introduce you to the GROW model for coaching, along with ideas, tools and resources to enable you to better coach your team at work.
This workshop addresses People Development and Results Focus on our Leadership Competencies Framework.
Facilitator - Kathryn Jackson
Coaching for performance in the workplace has been identified as a key driver for developing and enhancing the performance of people, as a result of increased awareness of skills and capabilities and a greater sense of responsibility for using them in the workplace.
This workshop is based on the GROW coaching model, which is an internationally acclaimed model for structuring coach-like discussions at work. You will leave the workshop with new ideas for using coaching as a leadership tool and an understanding of when and how to apply a coaching model to your conversations at work.
It introduces a case study prior to the workshop, which is then used throughout the workshop in order to understand how the GROW model can be useful to drive accountability and self-sufficiency.
The workshop will contain materials for future reference including an eBook of coaching scenarios to support the most typical conversations that take place at work.
This workshop qualifies for NZTE's Capability Development Voucher Scheme.
By the end of this workshop, you will be able to:
- understand core coaching techniques including listening, questioning and measuring understanding
- use the GROW model for planning and executing effective coaching conversations and to support some typical conversations you have at work
- understand when coaching is appropriate (and when not to coach)
- identify and overcome barriers to coaching at work
- appreciate the effect that different learning styles can have on how we learn and grow
- appreciate your own coaching skills and plan to develop them
- understand the roles of formal and informal coaching conversations
- use coaching strategies to improve performance on a day-to-day basis.