Join the UK's best known career strategist and author, John Lees, on this one-day workshop based on his highly-acclaimed book, 'How to Get a Job you Love'.
In a high energy and interactive workshop environment, John will outline the approaches and strategies he uses to guide clients towards energising and fulfilling work. If you are in a role which involves discussions about career aspirations, then this workshop is critical for you to attend.
Kathryn Jackson will co-deliver some of this workshop.
Wellington venue: Miramar Golf Club, 1 Stewart Duff Drive, Rongotai, Wellington
By the end of this workshop you will have an understanding of:
- approaches and strategies to support career development and planning
- the limitations of 'traditional' job search approaches
- recent research on careers
- the difference between career coaching and career counselling, and how they can complement each other
- overcoming psychological barriers to change
- how to support more active networking
- how to discuss careers with clients who have no idea what they want to do
- how to create ideas to support people who want to grow their resilience in job search
- how to use tools to support a structured career conversation.
HR and L&D professionals, coaches, recruiters, tertiary career counsellors, managers (if wanting to upskill in career management conversations)
What to Expect
We want you to gain maximum benefit from this workshop by learning about new tools and methods and applying them back at work. As part of your registration, you can expect to:
- complete a pre-workshop task
- attend an interactive workshop and receive a workbook and other resources for you to refer to in the future
- use our Workplace Application Tool during the workshop to plan to apply a new learning back at work
- share and implement your plan at work, then reflect on the outcome
- participate in a group video conference two weeks after the workshop, facilitated by Kathryn Jackson, as a further means of reflection, an opportunity to share application success stories and a chance to reconnect with the other participants
- complete an online review one month after the workshop so you can evaluate the success of the application of new learning.