This two-day workshop introduces the principles and skills of risk management in a structured manner.
Facilitator - Piet Beukman
Risk management has become ever more important to all aspects of business and management. Compliance issues have been growing and breaches can be very costly. The issue of business and investment risk has also come to prominence over the last two decades.
This workshop introduces risk management principles and skills to novices and to seasoned practitioners in a structured manner. It provides a general overview of the discipline of risk management and gives a conceptual framework that will assist you in assessing and planning for the treatment of risk in any area of application.
This workshop qualifies for NZTE's Capability Development Voucher Scheme.
By the end of this workshop, you will be able to:
- understand the principles of risk management
- apply and tailor proven risk management principles and techniques to suit your environment, application and size of operation
- identify hazards
- understand the risk management process
- evaluate and assess risk
- determine criteria for making risk decisions
- prepare a risk treatment plan
- be aware of risk treatment mechanisms and their relationships to one another.